The Alhambra Theatre, the jewel in Bradford’s crown, was the vision of Francis Laidler, a local impresario. Laidler had the idea and vision to build a brand new theatre in 1912 and it was two years later that his dream was realised.
The Alhambra Theatre was officially opened at 2pm on 18 March 1914. Five days later, it opened its doors to the general public on 23 March for a Variety show, which ran for a week.
The Alhambra Theatre is regarded as the North’s premier receiving venue and hosts the best in large scale entertainment from international dance to musicals, drama and Yorkshire’s biggest panto.